A collection of some of the best threads from Ponychan's past

Search /arch/ threads
File 137066939878.png - (115.23KB , 263x215 , Screen Shot 2013-06-07 at 10_28_19 PM.png )
2519770 No. 2519770
Hey y'all! I said I'd pop by this week. Hope I'm not showing up at a bad time.
Lauren Faust has left the building. Thank you for your visit, Lauren.
1365 posts omitted. Last 50 shown. Unspoiler all text  • Expand all images  • Reveal spoilers
>> No. 2521158
>>2520982
As someone who's watched literally thousands of hours of cartoons over the years, I can assure you that MLP is legitimately a quality toon, both in the visual sense and writing strength. I wish more toons had such style and heart.
>> No. 2521159
File 137067794853.jpg - (92.11KB , 1500x1091 , 6251%20-%20artist_peanutbutter%20fluffy_foals%20mother%20sea_fluffies.jpg )
2521159
I heard you guys were in need of sea-fluf- I mean sea-ponies, i'm here to help you with that! just let me know if you need anything else.
>> No. 2521160
File 137067795989.jpg - (19.74KB , 280x315 , Dispationate_siiiip.jpg )
2521160
>>2521153
I wonder how the MLPchan/Ponychan merger will happen now that /anon/ is so damn huge. I'm guessinghoping it just won't.
>> No. 2521161
>>2521142

Dee is slightly disappointed that she never answered his question regarding Discorded ponies and Cats Don't Dance, but only slightly, it was still a blast getting to hang out with the holy Fausticorn herself.
>> No. 2521162
>>2521151
Requesting a lock? No need to keep an interview thread up that has long served its purpose anymore.
>> No. 2521163
File 137067802999.png - (121.64KB , 484x480 , 408417_327676060669723_1133344362_n.png )
2521163
>>2521143

>element of b&

AHAHAHHAHAHA PONYCHANNER

What were you banned for, hurting someone's feelings? Not being nice?
>> No. 2521164
File 137067804054.png - (168.94KB , 507x454 , shrug 3.png )
2521164
>>2521160
It most likely won't.
>> No. 2521165
File 137067805564.png - (759.22KB , 1213x950 , 123412424.png )
2521165
>>2521160

You can't fight the unification! Everything is lost!
>> No. 2521166
hey guys what's goin on in this thread
>> No. 2521167
File 137067813136.gif - (743.74KB , 250x186 , 130745336850.gif )
2521167
>> No. 2521168
Any chance we could get some stats on how the traffic here was during the interview?
>> No. 2521169
>>2520707
NO DONT SHARE IT NOW! PLEASE I MEAN IT
>> No. 2521170
File 137067823124.jpg - (193.44KB , 1024x839 , Willis96 - Faust drawing rainbow dash.jpg )
2521170
Thanks for showing up Lauren, we all appreciate it.
>> No. 2521171
>>2520984
Thank you for the link.
>> No. 2521172
File 137067827056.gif - (614.14KB , 250x186 , inb4lock.gif )
2521172
Posting in a sticky.
>> No. 2521173
File 137067827252.jpg - (72.30KB , 498x811 , twicoorn.jpg )
2521173
>>2521163

The worst Crime of All: Hating Twicorn!
>> No. 2521174
>>2521154
It Happens man
>> No. 2521175
>>2521168
Nearly 1500 posts in two and a half hours, so about 600 posts an hour.

>600 posts an hour
>on hiatus in Ponychan

Today was a good day.
>> No. 2521176
>>2520982
I started watching the show because I saw ponies popping up all over the internet wanted to know what the deal with them was. As it turned out it was a really good show. The characters have such depth, the writing was great, the animation was really nice.

It not only became my favorite cartoon but my favorite show of all time. Its the only show where I can go back and rewatch the episodes a bunch of times just because its fun and enjoyable to rewatch.
>> No. 2521177
So does anyone have a link of that video for us non-Americans?
>> No. 2521178
File 137067840305.gif - (702.10KB , 400x225 , 130782994992.gif )
2521178
>>2521172
>> No. 2521179
hey laurent faust ! i am your big fan ! i am a 13 years old girl just watched the new trailer of EQG great flot but still doesn't like the dolls,me and my 2 little sister were scared looking at EQG dolls :c

it's really useless making mlp show to grave for not accurate creepy dolls

is there something you can do about it ?
>> No. 2521180
>>2521173
Twilicorn haters are running the asylum at this point.
>> No. 2521181
>>2521175
I mean more like how many new unique visitors and such.
>> No. 2521182
>>2521175
Should we lock this now
>> No. 2521183
Which is the main board of this chan?
>> No. 2521184
File 137067856144.jpg - (377.78KB , 800x600 , a_little_reading_before_sleep_by_bakki-d66awfb.jpg )
2521184
>>2521175
>>2521180

Didn't you say you needed to go to sleep?
>> No. 2521185
File 137067857612.png - (125.97KB , 400x400 , Angrier_Angron.png )
2521185
>>2521183

probably /pony. /oat would be a second.
>> No. 2521186
>>2521177
Yes, see
>>2520984
>> No. 2521187
File 137067860568.jpg - (98.42KB , 401x401 , LEEGUN xD.jpg )
2521187
>>2521183
The most populous board is /chat/, but the "flagship" boards are /arch/ and /oat/.
>> No. 2521188
shame she didn't ask her final question sooner. I was typing as she left. ;_;
>> No. 2521189
>>2521183
We don't have a main board. /gala/ and /rp/ are preobably the fastest, but you don't want to be there. /chat/ is.. kinda? /oat/ is probably what you are looking for, but it's dead and full of scary people.
>> No. 2521190
>>2521189

What are these strange places you speak of? Dee knows only of the motherland, /arch/.
>> No. 2521191
File 137067884566.jpg - (24.68KB , 450x238 , avatar-034-Quinch.jpg )
2521191
> Lauren leaves
> figures it's as good a time to take an overdue shower, so starts the archiver and heads off
> comes back to 90+ new posts

Thread, why so inertia?
>> No. 2521192
File 137067887427.png - (160.63KB , 507x454 , whaaa.png )
2521192
>>2521189
Is not

Unless you mlean it's full of zomponies cause it's crazy like that
>> No. 2521193
File 137067890526.jpg - (60.65KB , 720x960 , 58814_4408031973343_1942359676_n.jpg )
2521193
>>2520982
This answering your question?
>> No. 2521194
File 137067898913.jpg - (12.80KB , 316x261 , HNI_0075_JPG.jpg )
2521194
>>2521184
I can't sleep. But I'll force myself to so you'll stop glaring at me.
>> No. 2521195
File 137067899547.png - (84.28KB , 219x232 , Lyra 1.png )
2521195
A little late I know (timezones and all), but I feel I should say for the record: Thank you very much for your visit! We really appreciate it.
>> No. 2521196
Youtube embed play button
  >>2521191
>> No. 2521197
Youtube embed play button
  >>2521192

Damn zombie ponies...
>> No. 2521198
File 137067912441.jpg - (78.74KB , 900x648 , 01.jpg )
2521198
Ok all me need to stop posting to document this ok
>> No. 2521199
File 137067921361.png - (212.61KB , 507x454 , balloons are cars too.png )
2521199
>>2521191
the ride never ends
>> No. 2521200
File 137067956288.jpg - (24.68KB , 450x238 , avatar-034-Quinch.jpg )
2521200
>>2521196
Well, snap.

>>2521198
Document how?
>> No. 2521201
>>2521200
I just been copy and past in to word with everything happening
>> No. 2521202
File 137068005571.jpg - (24.68KB , 450x238 , avatar-034-Quinch.jpg )
2521202
>>2521201
Here you go - have this instead.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33551029/Lauren_On_Ponychan.mht

Edit: Or this, if you're using Firefox.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33551029/Lauren_On_Ponychan.maff

Last edited at Sat, Jun 8th, 2013 01:29

>> No. 2521203
>>2519844
That's an image website, for discussing images, not general Q&As.
>> No. 2521204
>>2521202
Thank u
>> No. 2521205
File 137068034622.jpg - (24.68KB , 450x238 , avatar-034-Quinch.jpg )
2521205
>>2521204
Y'welcome! Though this thread will probably end up in /arch/ aventually anyhoo.
>> No. 2521206
You're gone now, so the chances of you reading this are slim to none, but nonetheless, here it is:

>Why do you think this show resonated with so many people this way?
>Do you think MLP is a legitimately good cartoon, or is it just that it's better than you expected a show about pink ponies would be? How does it really hold up to other television animation?

Right, so I've thought a lot about this (both of these), and given many monologues to my friends about why the show's so great in an attempt to convince them to watch it. So here's basically what I'll say:

I do honestly think the show is fantastic. I'm not sure how it holds up against other animated kids shows, as I don't watch much of that besides this show, but it holds up against other, more mature things that I watch.

It has very good characterization, writing, jokes, voice acting, animation, music and the rest. Obviously I love all that. But the biggest reason I probably love it is the overwhelming joyfulness I feel when watching it. The show makes me feel uncomfortable amounts of joy. Even to the point, sometimes, of becoming crushingly depressed afterwards, almost like a crash after having too much caffeine. Maybe that doesn't sound pleasant, but it mostly is. Every time I think about the show, in fact, I'm flooded with the feelings of happiness and I think about the show more than I don't think about it. That's not hyperbole.

I don't really know why this show is the one that makes me feel more happy than anything else. There are other shows that are fantastic and I love but there's just no show that gets to me and makes me as blissfully happy like this one does.

I don't think I can analyze the reason for all this too well, but I'll try: I think it might be because of how genuine the show is. Other stories I might see about love and friendship will seem sappy and fake, but this one seems incredibly genuine. It doesn't seem like the messages and good vibes are being manufactured, they seem natural. It just seems like the nature of the show. Maybe it's just because the messages of the show don't come at the expense of the quality. I think it's probably hard to tell good, genuine stories that seem natural about the day being saved by love and friendship because it's just not how it works in real life. Love isn't found everywhere and in everything, so how can you tell a convincing story about a world where it is? Well, I'm not sure how, but MLP does just that very frequently. One thing it's entirely consistent in is it's lack of cynicism.

I think KCaFO is a good example of all this: Discord, a villain, is brought back for a whole episode just to be shown love and what it's like to feel friendship. By the end of the episode he's agreed to use his powers for good, not because they're forcing him, no, it's entirely of his own free will. He's doing it because he feels actual affection towards the ponies and he knows that he can let his new friends down but that's the exact opposite of what he wants to do. It's entirely consistent with the world that's been created. He was a villain, yes, but he was taught what it's like to be loved and cared for and in turn love and care for others. He still had good in him. Again, this is not something that would work in real life, or even a terribly original plot-line, but when watching it in the context of this particular show and the world that's been created within it, it hardly feels unrealistic, forced or cliché. It just seems like what should happen based on what we know of that world.

I know you weren't on board for that episode, but my point is that she show's stayed very consistent in it's message throughout he whole series.

I don't really have a good way to wrap this all up, but it's my thoughts on the whole thing (again, that you'll probably never read) and I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, but for what it's worth, that's how I feel.
>> No. 2521207
>>2520982
It is genuinely good. Because if it would just be better than what I had expected, then I'd be watching many more series than I currently do.
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password    
Report post
Reason