Questions and suggestions relating to the site

Search /meta/ threads

Name  
Email  
Subject  
Message  
File     
Embed    
Password  (for post and file deletion)

File 142681431966.jpg - (6.94KB , 160x160 , 1472795_408687352567512_1738656328_n.jpg )
165635 No. 165635 ID: 156564
They all deserve another chance and they can be banned on the spot if they mess up anyway. Also

#Manleydidnothingwrong
Unspoiler all text  • Expand all images  • Reveal spoilers
>> No. 165636 ID: 3d403b
File 142681886054.png - (158.97KB , 600x884 , 755124__safe_solo_pinkie+pie_pinkamena+diane+pie_candy_artist-colon-bitz_candy+corn.png )
165636
Better idea: ban everyone after the merge
>> No. 165637 ID: d63254
Everyone is already going to be unbanned. That was already outlined. With the exception of TOSSF, Manley, Zamoonda, Swiper.
>> No. 165638 ID: 156564
>>165637
Which is exactly the reason why I made this thread.
>> No. 165639 ID: e0fd56
i dont know why they dont clear the ban list and ban people when they become a problem. that is what i would do if i was admin. but that would mean actually doing something.
>> No. 165640 ID: ce6132
>>165637
Dulset's ban on /pony/ will also still stand iirc.
>> No. 165641 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142684588016.jpg - (148.23KB , 578x529 , You're supposed to carry the 4.jpg )
165641
Each of the people who are staying banned have already had a second or even third 'chance'.

The decision is final, those people are staying banned.
>> No. 165642 ID: 156564
>>165641
TOSSF didn't. And Manley warranting his recent ban is certainly arguable. Idk about the rest.

At least consider the former.
>> No. 165644 ID: 3bb89e
File 142685748272.gif - (516.11KB , 500x210 , tumblr_mzepc4WMbt1rcy5pco3_500.gif )
165644
>>165642
> TOSSF did nothing wrong

Can we have McEdge permabanned as well?
>> No. 165645 ID: 156564
>>165644
I didn't say that, I said that he didn't have another chance. Pay attention. And use your head for more than a mindless symphony of self-absorbed destructiveness controlled by your own emotional inclinations.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 06:29

>> No. 165646 ID: 156564
>>165644
Besides, if you can't put up with people like me, you're going to have a much harder time when the merge happens. Honestly this ban anyone who you don't like mentality is retarded, and I'm glad Fen at least seems to have a somewhat reasonable idea of where to draw the line.

But either way, the banning of Manely caused at least 4 people leave at the aftermath. People would have probably stayed otherwise. As such, I ask what reason you could possibly have for wanting me banned other than some backwater selfish motive? I interact with the community just as well, I can be an asshole at times just as well as a fair amount of the other posters. But there is literally no reason for me to be banned.

tossf is a friend, and I think he deserves another chance. Not only that I think the conversations he could spark could make the place more lively. We've already lost Manely on that account so it's worth a try if he can keep himself under control.
>> No. 165649 ID: 3bb89e
>>165645
Even if he's only been perma'd once, you're still defending someone who's been warned several times for his transgressions and hasn't shown any effort to respect authority or his fellow posters and responded to the perma by ban evasion and dumping explicit gore and porn over the page repeatedly in recent memory.

It's a terrible joke to allow such a person to come back.
>> No. 165650 ID: 4c5a46
File 142686419699.png - (156.57KB , 900x900 , 736__safe_spitfire_artist-colon-johnjoseco_on+back_morning+ponies.png )
165650
>>165642
He had chances to change his behavior and talk to a moderator about appealing his permaban, and probably would have had it appealed if he hadn't turned around and started spamming the site with porn.
>> No. 165651 ID: 156564
>>165649
>>165650
>and hasn't shown any effort to respect authority or his fellow posters and responded to the perma by ban evasion and dumping explicit gore and porn over the page repeatedly in recent memory.

>and probably would have had it appealed if he hadn't turned around and started spamming the site with porn.

Yaaaa, see about half of that wasn't actually him, but I can't really go into details about that. Other than that though, I've been through this argument more than enough times about why the extent of his ban was unfair, and why he felt that the staff were out to get him and wouldn't overturn it. Which, they probably wouldn't have as he said. Admiral said himself that he was looking for an excuse to ban him on /oat/ once, and no one had his back.

I believe that he could behave himself enough under new circumstances, but the final banning of tossf was literally just him being mean to someone about their OC when everyone knew it was a joke in the first place, and the OP obviously wasn't taking it seriously. I didn't get banned for that, and yet somehow he got that ridiculously long ban for it.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 08:23

>> No. 165654 ID: 156564
I'm mostly talking to Fen here since when the merge occurs it'll be his call along with someone else, but how about we work out sort of deal such as, for example me maintaining a temporary ban to allow him to post again.

Because even though I'm willing to admit that tossf can be a huge asshole at times, and he brought some of it on himself, it seems to me a lot of it was resulting from personal bias which allowed the situation to spiral out of control until he made it into a self-fulfilling prophecy throughout. I know he can act better, he's shown it in the past, it just seems like everyone forgot that. And yes, he did make bait threads, and he had a somewhat aggressive arguing style but that can happen to several other users as well, especially when debating about something that they're passionate about.

And if it turns out he can't, well then I will probably shut up about his ban at that point.

I'd go for Manely too, but I know Fen wouldn't be having any of it. Manely's really just understood, I can tell. Hell, I even disliked him for a time. But he's really not a terrible guy in person, and his threads were some of the most active (thus, people more or less liked to post in them).

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 08:51

>> No. 165655 ID: 82f2ba
>>165644
>> No. 165657 ID: 156564
>>165655
I really don't know why you care so much bro. Take a chillpill. Relax. I'm not hurting you.
>> No. 165658 ID: 82f2ba
>>165657

>care
>anger
to have either of those thing's i'd have to believe the mods would be retarded enough to listen to you. your weird gay crush on the incredibly creepy guy who never really did a lot else when here beyond bait people, be creepy about mikie, and tell people to kill themselves has gotten old, and i am pretty sure they dont care any more than anyone else here

he added nothing to the board and was objectively way worse than manley(who also deserves what he got). if you really want to ride his dick that much then go on skype or wherever he's posting now and do it there
>> No. 165659 ID: 156564
>>165658
OK, but no one's forcing you to listen to it and yet you're in here agreeing with that anon, meanwhile saying something like this to an other anon making a thread about similar subject manner >>39752937

Of course I'm not gay for him, I just have a nagging urge to right the "injustice" of it. And he's a friend. Is it so weird that I respect a friend enough? Is it really? And about the Mikie thing, I really don't think he minded.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 09:13

>> No. 165660 ID: 82f2ba
lol ok dude sure you're not gay for him. i mean the two of you were basically a step away from breaking out the s&m gear in every other thread and even now you just cant stop thinking about him, but i'm sure it's whatever you just said instead


lol
>> No. 165662 ID: 156564
>>165660
Eh. It's just a thing I do really. I'm far more concerned with some females mentally and vocally outside of Ponychan. And I don't even talk to him as much as you're probably assuming.

It's similar to how you typically just be cynical about everything most people post, or how Mikie does his own thing and calls it shitposting for no apparent reason. It just happens to be centered around a person because

1. It gets my goat when most the majority alienates or outcasts people like that, and also have the tendency of blowing it out of proportion (granted, that's not so much happening in this thread, but it has a lot in the past) especially when it concerns a friend

2. It was fun having him around when he actually was being a normal, non-asshole poster.

and 3. Why not? I mean, aside from the fact that it obviously gets me a bad reputation, but.
>> No. 165663 ID: 156564
>>165660
And... every other thread? I haven't even talked about him for at least weeks on here. Like, why do you bother saying things like that man? I can't tell if you're that confused or if you just think people will believe it because you say it...

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 09:31

>> No. 165664 ID: 82f2ba
>>165662

>1. It gets my goat when most the majority alienates or outcasts people like that, and also have the tendency of blowing it out of proportion

he wasnt alienated for being an outcast, he was alienated for acting like a weird creepy person that broke the rules. i've seen him type up bizarre violent textwalls at people, berate and openly insult people in the middle of other's conversations, and constantly make dumb bait threads. i've seen him tell some dumb kid on /oat/ to drink bleach and kill himself, which wasn't funny the first time but then he proceeded to do it for about half an hour, repeatedly posting it along with you (though i think you got distracted at some point and fell back into defending your lover's honor as he continued to tell someone to kill themself and die).

and then, after he was finally banned which somehow took as long as it did in the first place, he ban evaded five hundred times.

where in there is a "misunderstanding"

>2. It was fun having him around when he actually was being a normal, non-asshole poster.

which was a random rarity that made no difference. zamoonda was sometimes nice and not a dumb manipulative asshole, but that wans't an excuse for keeping him around because all the other times he was busy being awful. the same goes with tossf

> 3. Why not? I mean, aside from the fact that it obviously gets me a bad reputation, but.

i think what gives you a bad reputation is being a strange little attention-hungry weird man, but humping tossers leg probably doesnt help
>> No. 165665 ID: 82f2ba
>>165663

i was talking about when he was actually here. whenever he was shitposting you would inevitably jump in and help him, or fling yourself to his feet at his defense if people were giving him a hard time

it was embarrassing

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 09:32

>> No. 165666 ID: 156564
>>165664
>i've seen him type up bizarre violent textwalls at people

Copypasta? Because that basically could be seen as the same as when people spam the navy seal pasta. It's not beyond him to joke around you know.

>berate and openly insult people in the middle of other's conversations

Ya... because you and others weren't guilty of very similar things.

>and constantly make dumb bait threads

So basically a fair amount of what Ponychan already has.

>I've seen him tell some dumb kid on /oat/ to drink bleach and kill himself

That was Mein, and he was kidding. We all knew he was kidding except you apparently, and no one was serious about encouraging him to drink bleach.

>and then, after he was finally banned which somehow took as long as it did in the first place, he ban evaded five hundred times.

Like I said, about half of that wasn't actually him, just a mimic.

>which was a random rarity that made no difference

...No it isn't. Usually the only time I'd bring him up is if he was relevant or mentioned beforehand. (for example, TSGB telling me why people may not particularly like me, and including my mentioning of tossf), of course I'm going to talk about him there. But I rarely to never bring him up out of the blue. Even in this thread he was technically mentioned before I mentioned him.

>>165665
Well, I was new and he was literally the reason I ended up here, and it was harder to jump into conversations at that point.
>> No. 165668 ID: 156564
>>165664
>>165666
Sorry about that rarity response confusion. I think I was reading your post blow and then I got sidetracked, so just read that according to the later post I suppose.
>> No. 165669 ID: 6ed509
He's not having his ban lifted ever, he had his chances and he wiped his ass with them. It's quite obvious to me he was only here to stir up drama in the first place.

The people listed here >>165637 won't be unbanned due to exceptional individual circumstances, and I'm fairly certain that's a staff consensus.
>> No. 165670 ID: 5afd60
>>165666
I mean, when you asked me that I didn't know exactly what to say. It wasn't you liking him it was your willingness to defend him at a lot of opportunities.
>> No. 165671 ID: 156564
>>165669
Why would the entirety of the staff be against Manely?

>>165670
I don't remember asking you, I just remember you more or less telling me, but I suppose it doesn't matter.
>> No. 165672 ID: 5afd60
>>165671
IIRC, you were wondering it and kinda asked and I was like "maybe this"

But thats not the point, the main thing is he could have defended himself and chose not to. He doesn't/didn't need you to do this
>> No. 165673 ID: 156564
>>165639
Regardless, I still share Neo's sentiments here. It's probably going nowhere but I can only see minimal harm coming from seeing how they do then banning them again as soon as they slip up.
>> No. 165674 ID: 5afd60
>>165671
There's a lot of reasons why they might be, but consensus doesn't mean ALL of them agree
>> No. 165676 ID: 156564
>>165675
But it's different as new staff are going to be involved, and new people would be coming in. They may be able to integrate themselves into the community this way.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 09:53

>> No. 165677 ID: 6ed509
>>165676
lol no
>> No. 165678 ID: 156564
>>165677
I get it, I do. But it's in my nature to keep going on about these things at random. I believe it could work for some. But if you don't give them a shot, you'll never know.

And there's also my proposal earlier about taking a temporary ban or something for tossf and/or manely. I know it wouldn't actually mean much, but it's something.
>> No. 165684 ID: 618424
>>165651
>Yaaaa, see about half of that wasn't actually him, but I can't really go into details about that.
Uh... Did YOU spam the board with porn? Because that's what it's sounding like.
>> No. 165686 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142689525014.png - (106.32KB , 707x935 , I'll kill you last_.png )
165686
>>165646
>ban anyone who you don't like mentality
Except it's not that, at all.
The one person i have banned that this could be argued the case for is manley, and thats only because of my massive bias against him, which also contributed to his lack of punishment in the first place since any reason i did have was previously required (by myself) to be ironclad in order to counteract said bias.
But then i told myself to go fuck myself, blacked out for a second and discovered he was banned and that i needed new pants.

>>165651
>Yaaaa, see about half of that wasn't actually him, but I can't really go into details about that.
This is completely believable without any sort of proof or evidence whatsoever.

>>165654
>X is just misunderstood.
See, the one huge thing that prevents me from having any sort of sympathy for this plea is pic related.
I'm not sure if he was before your time or not, but a guy used to post here that called himself "Black mage".
Was a fun guy, total bro, etc.
Only problem was that he had, to put it politely, issues.
If something set him off, he'd fly into a rage.
He couldn't control it and apologised afterwards each time, but it was still becoming a major problem.
Long story short, he got perma'd, let back in after he said he was taking meds, then perma'd for good when he started raging again after not taking said meds.
I've not spoken to him since, i heard he's posted on mlpchan a couple times but thats it.

For the good of the site, i had to agree on a perma to a guy i genuinely liked, wanted to help and that was grateful for my help, all for reasons outside of his control.

So unless the person you're making a case for has legitimate problems, is actively trying to fix said problems and legitimately feels bad about the dumb shit they do, you can take that case and shove it.

I'll save you the trouble, none of the people on the "Do not unban" list qualify.
>> No. 165688 ID: 156564
>>165684
I just happen to be well-informed about what people are doing and why (particularly if it could involve personal gain in the long run, but I think that more just because it happens to catch my interest naturally). In this case I just happen to know, but I also don't want to rat said person out because I also care for them and know they were just taking advantage of an opportunity, nor is it currently (or ever will be for that matter at this rate) my duty to rat them out or do something about them. they were basically just showing their contempt for the staff and some of the board while trying to wreak havoc by doing so, and they were hardly concerned about the events unfolding, they were merely taking advantage of them.

>>165686
>The one person i have banned that this could be argued the case for is manley, and thats only because of my massive bias against him

I'm saying the mentality is present in certain users in general, not just you. And it seemed to increase when they saw you do it and hoped that you would do the same over probably.

>>165686
>See, the one huge thing that prevents me from having any sort of sympathy for this plea is pic related.

Manely basically is though, and he was also an important part of the community. A lot of people liked him, a lot hated him, but his threads were very active, and I didn't see a solid reason why he should be banned. Hence why I throw in the misunderstood bit.

tossf isn't so much misunderstood as I think he could adapt if given new surroundings.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 17:31

>> No. 165689 ID: f2dffb
>manley
>tossf
>"important to the community and/or just misunderstood"
not to any community id ever fuckin wanna be a part of. solve et coagula, destroy to purify - prune the shit so a decent community can re-emerge and establish itself again. Anyone who who wants to be a part of a community in which manley is 'an important part' can go be a community somewhere else and we'll be glad to see the small amount of them go. Manley, tossf, and the two or three braindamaged cocksuckers who tread in their wake can go shitpost on their own private 'community' at some shithole like 8chan and make their own shit board to destroy.

Thank you based staff for having enough foresight to use this merge as a chance to re-establish a kind of ponychan that actually has balance between fun and lax and keeping rhe shitbags at bay and letting the culture establish itself within those parameters.

#freshstart2015
>> No. 165690 ID: 156564
>>165689
Manley sparks conversation and active threads. I just feel like tossf deserves another chance. Like I said, Manley threads wouldn't be as active as they were people didn't want to post in them, so this is technically a community you don't want to be a part of as far as I can see.

And damn it, I always seem to remember it as "Manely" for some reason.

>Thank you based staff for having enough foresight to use this merge as a chance to re-establish a kind of ponychan that actually has balance between fun and lax

That's not likely to happen.
>> No. 165691 ID: f2dffb
>>165690
Manley sparks dumb shitstorms over stupid bait and his willful/pretended ignorance and shitposting*

Ftfy.

>thats not likely to happen
likelier than you think. Now maybe you'll go do something other than lick dick on the internet, mcedgey.
>> No. 165692 ID: 156564
>>165691
>Manley sparks dumb shitstorms over stupid bait and his willful/pretended ignorance and shitposting*

So ignore it. But obviously people liked posting in if they didn't "learn their lesson" by them.

>Now maybe you'll go do something other than lick dick on the internet, mcedgey.

I have been. Just because you can't see value in people doesn't mean I can't. If anything you should be more concerned about 2 girls I talk to outside of Ponychan as well in particular. I'm not gay regardless of how many times you try to use it as a weapon.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 18:33

>> No. 165693 ID: f2dffb
>mentioning 'girls i talk to IRL'
Lyl
>people posted in the threads so they were enjoying themselves of course
dat logic lmao
>> No. 165694 ID: 156564
>>165693
Hey, you're the one bringing up dudes for no reason. And no, I didn't mean irl. The vast majority of girls around here aren't worth the time or effort anyway. I'm just saying that I have no affections whatsoever for Manely or tossf, and I've BEEN doing far more than simply defending them, and I was merely redirecting your claims towards a truthful direction.

One way or another they have to want to be there. They can filter him, or simply skip over the thread if they don't want to be involved.

So, are you done being dumb, or do I have to break even more down for you here?

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 18:46

>> No. 165695 ID: f2dffb
no1curr mcedge
>> No. 165696 ID: 156564
>>165695
Well you clearly care enough if you're sitting here trying to force your points and opinions onto me.

I really don't know why people like you have to get like this. I've done nothing to you.
>> No. 165698 ID: f2dffb
and now you know how 90% of everyone else feels about tossf and tnaf

#qed
>> No. 165699 ID: 156564
>>165698
And you think that will somehow change my mind? If anything, you've only reinforced my convictions. The very reason I defended them is because I've had very similar treatment in the past. Because I know what's it like to have people over-dramatize everything to the point where they think they need to be cast out. How one thing leads to another until things that aren't even true, are misconceptions, or just something that is blown out of proportion are accepted as facts, and everyone holds nothing for them but hatred, where it even becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The ban and such caused Manley to freak out for example. Which ended up leading him to losing a friend because he caught them at a bad time. And that friend ends up bringing it up, and then people are even more solid in their opinions regarding him. He didn't even NEED to be banned in the first place as far as I can see, and neither did the other one.

And so, ponychan continues to eliminate what some start to not care for, it becomes a hive mind.

To me, it's sickening even if they more or less deserved it.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 19:14

>> No. 165700 ID: 0ea46e
>>165699
Sometimes people make things worse when they're around, and they don't stop doing it no matter what people try. It's not that people are overreacting to things, it's that the place gets worse with certain people in it. It's not like a prison sentence or anything, it's that people are better off without them.

It might suck for them, but this site isn't here to babysit people who refuse to improve.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 19:16

>> No. 165701 ID: 156564
>>165700
No the place gets worse as soon as it is given a reason to be. And that ends up being centered around people either because they can't control themselves or they love being a part of the drama. And considering all of the shit people give Manley when they could of just avoided him, I fail to see why he should be anymore held at fault considering the last instance. But neither, especially Manley required a ban at that point in time. It made everything far worse than it needed to be. You could of at LEAST waited till he broke a major rule or something.

Like I said, it's not Manley's fault that people who COULD avoid him, don't.
>> No. 165702 ID: f2dffb
>its not manley/tossfs fault hes an incendiary shitbomb merely waiting to cause everyone else headaches and literally everyone else has to take responsibility except him
lmfao even if its not his 'fault' that that's just the way he is, then he still has to go. Sure a leper cant help having leprosy. They still have to fuckin go rofl
>> No. 165703 ID: 0ea46e
>>165701
He didn't break major rules, he just kept starting shit. Yes, it requires people to respond because internet and all, but starting shit repeatedly isn't something people want around. You can blame who you want, and you're right that people should have self-control, but removing the source of a problem is a way to fix it. Without him the problems that were centered around him pretty much vanish.

Except in his own life, but that's no one's responsibility but his own. What the mods here are responsible for is the site, and they got rid of a problem poster.
>> No. 165704 ID: fc79f3
File 142690505230.png - (115.12KB , 508x299 , 271.png )
165704
one thing that important to consider is. think of it this way

when you're at school. you make a mistake by breaking the rules or some shit.

you get a warning. do it again you get detention, suspension, etc. then when you continue to do that despite all the warnings and punishments you get. you eventually earn a expulsion.

see how that works. i mean, a person with a obnoxious history deserves no 8th or 9th chance. the benefit of the doubt is long gone

because after all you've done. you should know better by now. its hard for someone to believe they will change with a history like that.

so with that said, the mods are making the right choice

just my two cents

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 19:32

>> No. 165705 ID: 156564
>>165703
Either way, people like Yapity, PSP, Maroon Auburn, that vici or whatever and others and the very existence of Manleychan (now dead) showed that he was not simply a problem poster and that people liked him and his threads. Which is why I think the ones who felt uneasy about him should of just hid the thread, or avoided him or SOMETHING rather than it earning him a ban.
>> No. 165706 ID: ff41f1
I should lurk meta more often
>> No. 165707 ID: 0ea46e
>>165705
Not just a problem poster, but still a problem poster. Every single person doesn't have to hate someone for them to be a problem.

Last edited at Fri, Mar 20th, 2015 20:00

>> No. 165708 ID: 156564
>>165707
Fine. But I still can't condone it. I suppose there's nothing left to be said.
>> No. 165709 ID: 0ea46e
>>165708
Yep, when most people are better off without him they don't care that it contradicts your values.
>> No. 165718 ID: 2b9f76
File 142709108503.png - (934.06KB , 4440x3488 , discord_vector_by_c_h_loboguerrero_c-d4m2ppw.png )
165718
Say, when exactly will these bans be removed?

I have some things that I've been wanting to do for some time now.
>> No. 165719 ID: 0ea46e
>>165718
When I bang your mom.
>> No. 165720 ID: 3bb89e
>>165704
The one thing for TOSSF's case that I could wonder about is whether he's currently allowed to post on MLPchan.
People perma'd from Ponychan who stay on mlpchan shouldn't be suddenly banned from MLPchan after the merger for no other reason than because they're unwanted on ponychan.
>> No. 165721 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142711458827.gif - (122.85KB , 480x270 , derpi_641438.gif )
165721
>>165720
You realise that every person on the "Do not unban" list was looked over by mlpchan staff as well, right?
As in, they agree that those people are staying banned from the combined site.
Its not because "They are unwanted on ponychan" as you try to put it.
>> No. 165722 ID: f59082
>>165721
If thats the case , why am i unbanned ? . I mean i was perma banned several times in the past, and unbanned after talking to mods or the (old?) Admin . Then after the last set of Moony Fluttershy Guro scat whatever it was, i got permabanned again.

Now im not ban evading, i just , seem to be unbanned for some reason, this ip is the same ive had for like forever, and i have no intention of being a complete asshat and giving them reason to reban me , but im curious, did they change the entire staff while i was gone for a year ? . I hate to sound egotistical but i highly doubt i was forgotten about by EVERY member of staff unless theyve all been replaced since lol.

Heck ive been banned from pretty much every pony site there is in the past, mlpchan, fimchan, ponychan , efchan , lunachan , u name it , im quite saddened that ive been forgotten.

Now dont get me wrong, this might look like im pushing for a reban, which im not, although im pretty sure id live with it if you did, but im happy to play ball this time, ive got over a lot of the old shit that caused me to be such a cnut , but i am still curious,

Also keep Manley banned please, if for the lulz if nothing more
>> No. 165723 ID: ad56ea
File 142712346021.jpg - (87.53KB , 907x629 , image.jpg )
165723
>>165722
It's a new IP, actually. That said, I officially unban you until the merged site, how about that? Actually we undid all permas outside a tiny list a few months ago to no fanfare, since everyone who would celebrate wasn't there. Apparently you didn't make the short list. I guess time cures most wounds.
>> No. 165724 ID: bd7252
File 142714449054.png - (569.63KB , 1280x720 , Lurk.png )
165724
Manley shouldn't have been banned if he wasn't breaking rules. The fact that he was is indicative of the problems people have been complaining about with regards to Ponychan moderation since day one; favoritism, banning people for being unpopular, etc.

Nevermind TOSSF, he was a shitter and very open about only being around to cause strife for his own amusement. But Manley was just a lonely and damaged individual who took his rantings and (understandable, albeit biased and frequently offensive and ignorant) opinions too far at times.

>>165686
>tfw I smoked pot with Black Mage once and it was pretty chill

>The one person i have banned that this could be argued the case for is manley, and thats only because of my massive bias against him, which also contributed to his lack of punishment in the first place since any reason i did have was previously required (by myself) to be ironclad in order to counteract said bias.
>But then i told myself to go fuck myself, blacked out for a second and discovered he was banned and that i needed new pants.
Does nothing about this story sound wrong or unfair to you? You basically impulse banned him after months of doing nothing because you didn't feel it would be right. Did he even get an ultimatum, a "one more thread about pokefucking and you're outta here", anything?
>> No. 165725 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142714637397.png - (850.34KB , 1920x1080 , derpi_487227.png )
165725
>>165688
>Manely basically is though,
He isn't, and while i'm sure you're fully capable of listing a ton of anecdotes as to why he actually is, i'm not going to budge on the matter.

>But his threads were very active.
>Manley sparks conversation and active threads.
>But obviously people liked posting in if they didn't "learn their lesson" by them.
Compare "The fish obviously liked the bait if they got themselves caught by the fisherman"

>>165724
>too far at times.
"at times" implies there was ever an instance where he didnt go too far.
His threads were being reported at least daily, maybe even multiple times per day but i cant confirm that because i work most days.

He's had multiple ultimatums about the things he does.
And like i've said multiple times, what he did in the thread on it's own, wasnt that bad.
Its the fact that thread was just such a stereotypical "Manley thread" that it was the straw that broke my camels back and made me stop giving a fuck about my bias.

I'm biased against him, i know that, but fuck if i dont believe i made the right choice in getting rid of him.
The only thing i believe i've done wrong here is not reapplying his permaban sooner, considering how bullshit the lifting of that was.
>> No. 165726 ID: 82f2ba
manley was doing the same thing he used to do constantly that got him permabanned in the first place, getting under people's skin by constantly bringing up subjects that he knew bothered them. the only difference was he realized that talking about how much he disliked gays and trannies was gonna get him in trouble right out of the gate, so he shifted to topics that he could use to get away with the same behavior easier
>> No. 165729 ID: f59082
File 142718146933.jpg - (73.65KB , 600x554 , Kuroki_Tomoko_600_1559983.jpg )
165729
>>165723
Yay, wub <3
>> No. 165730 ID: 40bcaf
>>165725
You've slumped to a level even farther than his. I once respected you, but I see your true colors now. You're just as childish as he is. You are not fit to be a moderator, much less an admin.
>> No. 165731 ID: 47803e
File 142721758344.png - (23.54KB , 120x120 , Unidentified Rodian with Jacket.png )
165731
>>165730
Uh oh, blanks fired.
>> No. 165732 ID: ef8aa0
>>165730
Nigga you even fit to live rofl
bye
>> No. 165733 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142723642526.png - (486.71KB , 1440x810 , derpi_479715.png )
165733
>>165730
I can see your post history.

Stones, glass houses.
>> No. 165734 ID: ef0996
>>165733
I'm not saying I don't have faults of my own, realizing that is why I stopped trying to be a mod early on. I know I'd make a bad one with my temper. But what you did was childish, and I'm sorry that sounds as harsh as it does but that's the gospel truth.

Believe me, I can see where your coming from. I know just as well as you, fen, what Manley was like. I'm sure you saw our debates. But those last few months before I left seemed to be fine. He was respectful, and although he still liked to pick controversial topics, he at least kept it tame.

But when I came back to check up on things and saw he was gone, it really hurt. It's like you ignored all the work he put into being better and tore it all down for things he'd already been punished for, mistakes he'd already learned from. You literally double jeopardized him. I know there's no point in it now, as he's made up his mind, but I couldn't just say nothing. I really hope that one day we can all learn to forgive and forget.
>> No. 165735 ID: 156564
File 142724248778.png - (9.13KB , 378x194 , poo.png )
165735
>>165733
Nice Tu quoque, Non Sequitur, Argumentum ad Hominem as well as potential Argumentum ad baculum, Hasty Generalization, and Moral Equivalence.

Last edited at Tue, Mar 24th, 2015 17:24

>> No. 165736 ID: 547b00
>>165734
Bruh

Real talk

Get a life
>> No. 165737 ID: 428138
File 142724455261.png - (346.98KB , 1218x772 , dodger_computing.png )
165737
I don't like this "I'm responding to you without referencing your post" meme. It just reeks of a retarded passive aggressive superiority complex, like "your post isn't worth responding to even though that's exactly what I'm doing."

It's really not that hard to just click some numbers.
>> No. 165738 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142724506103.gif - (1.05MB , 576x324 , derpi_559376.gif )
165738
>>165734
Are we talking roughly... june-september?
Because if so, i believe orange had only just lifted manley's second permaban
I dont know the exact date since i had to reset my skype a month ago and lost my logs, but i'm pretty sure it was around then.
If the times right, then no duh he wouldnt be as blatent.
He's not an idiot, he's just an extremely toxic person since all he does is cause arguments for attention.
>Ignored all the work.
I consider this extremely insulting to the people who have far more serious social and mental issues than him and were able to improve themselves to the point where you wont even realise they are any different in less than half the time it's taken him to change even the slightest bit.
People praise him for not immediately jumping to conclusions in an argument while simultaneously ignoring the fact a borderline suicidal person decided to find an outlet in physical exercise instead of cutting themselves.


You only had to see him... what, once every couple of days or something when you had the time to look at his threads? Followed by a pretty large hiatus?

I've had to read through almost each and every one of his threads because of some shit that happened in there, whether it be lewds, drama, harrassment (Of anyone, including towards him), you name it.
He made at least one thread on a daily basis.
Reading through that much data, you start to notice patterns, just little things here and there, he probably doesn't realise himself that he's doing it but they all add up to the same thing.

He almost literally fishes for attention.
He gives a controversial topic for the masses.
He gives completely boneheaded responses for the argumentative people.
He gives the same tried and true calls for sympathy when he's called out on things.
He retreats to his echo chamber if things get bad who tell him that he's just misunderstood, the other people are just mean, etc.
He then returns to step one and the process repeats.

Now, this wouldnt be as big a deal as i'm making it to be if it weren't for a few things.

He knows the topics he picks are controversial.
He knows that the responses he gives will cause people to call him retarded and such.
He knows what words will gather sympathy.
He knows that the same people will still support him no matter what he does, because it's simply that persons nature.

I've seen him, repeat word for word, things he's been asked not to say, for reasons that were carefully explained to him until he said he understood and agreed with.

TLDR: His actions and behavior are not the type of somebody looking to improve themselves, they are the type of somebody who simply seeks validation / attention.

>Forgive and forget.
Will just lead to the same mistakes happening again and again.

The proper phrase should be "Forgive, never Forget."

There is only so many times you can forgive something before you simply have to stop giving the person the capacity to wrong you.

>>165735
Not really bro, i didn't want to drag his identity out into the public while still pointing out the fact that he doesn't really have any grounds to be calling anyone childish based on the things he's posted.
>> No. 165739 ID: 2fef4e
...why the fuck do I still come on to this website?

inb4 moony comes.
>> No. 165740 ID: e7b99c
>>165739
>moony comes
lewd..

and it's because you hate yourself
>> No. 165741 ID: 2fef4e
>>165740
I haven't been here for as long as some people here have been and I'm already sick of this bullshit.

1. Delete /meta/
2. Ban every single user for a month.

In that order.
>> No. 165742 ID: 2fef4e
>>165738
>He knows the topics he picks are controversial.
>He knows that the responses he gives will cause people to call him retarded and such.
>He knows what words will gather sympathy.
>He knows that the same people will still support him no matter what he does, because it's simply that persons nature.
Manley is retarded for thinking he can get away with that shit. Everyone else is also retarded for continually falling for manley's shit.

Enforce the rules the way you must, but please don't defend the general population - that goes for everyone else as well. You're all retarded if you seriously believe manley was the only cause of this.
>> No. 165743 ID: 40bcaf
File 142725886887.png - (135.80KB , 241x430 , Kindle regret.png )
165743
>>165738
Yeah, I left mid September, so I've missed a lot. I think I finally understand your reasoning, though I still don't entirely agree with it. I remember it was small things that kept bothering me when I still argued with him.

I honestly shouldn't be arguing with as much missing information as I have, but I just panicked a little bit, as it appeared that the first thing you did as admin was repeal one of the last things Orange did. I'd never really known you too well as a moderator, and coming back to see you as admin was... scary. I didn't know what to expect, people kept talking about a merge, an explicit content board, and, of course, this.

I apologize for the things I said. I jumped to conclusions and let my anger get the better of me. I know you've probably had to have this same argument a hundred times already, so thanks for taking the time to explain things to me, and for not 'dragging my identity out into the public'.
>> No. 165744 ID: f59082
Internet drama
>> No. 165746 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142732920752.png - (506.64KB , 1365x767 , derpi_609258.png )
165746
>>165742
Didnt mean to imply that the general population aren't also idiots for taking his bait and letting him leech off their tolerance.

>>165743
It's all good man, i know for a fact how much and how quickly bullshit gets spread around if i so much as sneeze, let alone do something that annoys somebody, so i always at the very least attempt to make sure people understand whats happening.

The merger threads where we broached and talked about the topic should still be on /meta/ if you want to read through it and get a clearer picture of things.
The explicit content board is only there because we'd otherwise be kicking out a community that's been shafted by admins far too many times already, with the side reason being that a few ponychan'ers like the idea of being able to post lewds without mods breathing down their necks.
Not to mention that said explicit content is behind a filter thats on by default, so theres not much chance of things bleeding out to the rest of the site much.

If anything, the main concern is /oat/ bleeding into /anon/.

>>165744
Drama llama.
>> No. 165747 ID: 156564
>>165746
For the record, I don't have particularly anything against you or your decision-making. It's just that we ended up at an odds on this, but for now, for now I've stopped caring.
>> No. 165748 ID: 6bd986
File 142733210496.jpg - (29.03KB , 277x248 , 1353232177416.jpg )
165748
Crimson Risk for admin
>> No. 165749 ID: 083343
File 142733285354.png - (4.99KB , 356x23 , 2015-03-25-202030_356x23_scrot.png )
165749
>>165748
The takeover is happening
>> No. 165750 ID: f8dedc
>>165746
Why not just make /anon/ /oat/? If their so similar just put the lewd filter into oat. There's already a lot of anons on oat so /anon/ users shouldn't feel out of place.

on the topic of lewds, what will be the stance on photography? Personally, and not to give TMI, I'm into bestiallity, but I know a lot of places ban it and I don't yet know the specifics of the explicit content
>> No. 165751 ID: 083343
>>165750
/anon/ allows that and has at least one general for it. I think you'll be fine to post it. I'd personally generally not spam it everywhere and keep it in your own threads.

And /anon/ to me really isn't like /oat/. Completely different culture.
>> No. 165752 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142733585835.jpg - (140.96KB , 700x700 , 1363075097041.jpg )
165752
>>165750
>If their so similar.
What.

If you're talking about /anon/ specifically, it's not going to change at all unless theres a massive outcry from /anon/ itself, so go have a look on mlpchan to see what it'll be like once macil and orange get off their arses.
>> No. 165753 ID: 2fef4e
>>165746
Might as well use my name at this point.

Every single fucking time. People bitch about manley being a jackass in some way. Mods permaban him. People bitch about manley being permabanned. Mods unpermaban him. It's seriously annoying. Keep him permad' and make everyone stfu already, and then ban anyone who brings this up again, because the manley topic only ends up as a disaster.

Lock this thread too while you're at it.
>> No. 165754 ID: 083343
>>165753
Like, look at the reasons given. Its not mods listening to the users "bitch" either way. He was unperma'd once legitimately because he made an appeal and was given a second chance, and the second on something that the mods I talk to have expressed disapproval with.

But yeah, I wish people would stop talking about it. People can talk to manley still
>> No. 165755 ID: 2fef4e
>>165754
I sincerely believe in second chances. I also sincerely believe that if you still consciously behave like an ass after given one, you should be outta here. This is why this discussion is stupid.
>> No. 165756 ID: 083343
>>165755
Which is why most mods didn't agree to letting him back in? I'm not sure your point.

The mods didn't let him in a second time. It was an executive action.
>> No. 165757 ID: 2fef4e
>>165756
My point is to lock this thread because this topic has already been talked to death before and overdramatized.
>> No. 165758 ID: 40bcaf
File 142734257640.jpg - (82.93KB , 789x768 , 139973342264.jpg )
165758
>>165751
>> No. 165759 ID: bd7252
File 142734263370.png - (682.11KB , 825x711 , Hmm.png )
165759
Why are you so British, Fen?
>> No. 165760 ID: 156564
>>165748
But why?
>> No. 165761 ID: 156564
>>165753
> and then ban anyone who brings this up again, because the manley topic only ends up as a disaster.

That's taking it way too far. If you hate it, avoid it, but don't go trying to do that. One of the better things about this place is that better can still state their opinions freely. You can't just try to go and take that way because you're sick of something can ignore.
>> No. 165763 ID: 0d9cb8
File 142739315562.png - (13.92KB , 127x163 , EnglandTea.png )
165763
>>165757
Better to keep it to one thread and let people get it out of their systems rather than multiple threads on the subject that would need locking and would only foster resentment.

>>165759
Because rule Britannia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB5Nbp_gmgQ
>> No. 165764 ID: 2fef4e
>>165761
Normally I'd agree but time and time again, Manley discussions only turn into disasters, just like how sexual discussions on /oat/ always edinto disasters.
>> No. 165782 ID: 52a731
File 142771175007.jpg - (157.72KB , 650x400 , Billy-Mays1.jpg )
165782
>>165730
>I'm gonna talk down to you and think I'm right despite the many, many people disagreeing with me

By all means, stay friends with him.

The majority of people just don't want him back and actively have a nicer place to hang out because he's gone.

If you think he's cool and a good friend, good on you.

We just don't want him here.
>> No. 165783 ID: e7b99c
File 142775861835.png - (19.26KB , 300x300 , 4.png )
165783
i happen to think that
Hitler is doing a fine job as Führer

he just needs to merge with neopets finally
[Return] [Entire Thread] [Last 50 posts] [First 100 posts]


Delete post []
Password    
Report post
Reason