[Something witty]

Search /oat/ threads

Name  
Email  
Subject  
Message  
File     
Embed    
Password  (for post and file deletion)

File 142953941633.jpg - (43.23KB , 481x360 , IMG_1881.jpg )
39801916 No. 39801916
Why playing the healer is the worst?
if you are good, and your team bad, you cant do anything.
if you are bad and your team good, everybody dies.
Marked for deletion (old)
Unspoiler all text  • Expand all images  • Reveal spoilers
>> No. 39801919
Any game that depends that heavily on a healer could do with some rebalancing.

Not to say that healers should be made obsolete, but if you want to endorse cooperation the importance should be remotely equally shared.

That said they'll often be blamed unjustly too for "being bad" when in truth it's just fuck ups from the rest of the party.
>> No. 39801920
File 142953954394.png - (52.57KB , 198x194 , Twilight - And this shows that you are a retard.png )
39801920
And if things go well, the DPS gets the credit and if they go badly, you get the blame. Every time.
>> No. 39801922
File 142954005490.png - (233.02KB , 474x524 , tumblr_nhozb0Ya0c1qlv22qo1_r3_500.png )
39801922
>>39801919
I have being playing as a healer in certian game.

During Raids, is pretty pointless to heal people because they are almost full heal.

And during pvp there is a point on healing allies, but if they cant do anything, there isnt much of a point
>> No. 39801923
>>39801922

Eh, for the first case you just need less healers or harder stampedes, for the latter ya need more capable pvp buddies.

If you were a capable dpser and were paired with a shitty healer you'd feel pretty powerless too against a not shitty dpser with not shitty healer.
>> No. 39802069
File 142954847781.jpg - (9.81KB , 125x168 , 1355773706-1.jpg )
39802069
Games that don't have the Holy Trinity are always the most fun. There is literally no reason why people can't be responsible for their own self-healing skills. The only people who complain about this are buttmad healers who miss the thrilling gameplay of clicking health bars.
>> No. 39802092
playing healer is the best because if somepony makes u currently experiencing the emotion of anger, u can "accidentally" let them die

& of course if somepony is nice to you, you can make sure they live
>> No. 39802094
>>39802069
Pure healer is a terrible choice for a class. It makes the party dependant on the one class while ensuring that class does nothing but heal. I like playing healer types but in games that roll healer into more general party support/buffs/debuffs or whatnot. Healing on its own just isn't enough mechanically to even carry a class imo.
>> No. 39802105
>>39802069

except for the fact that in the real world, learning any one set of skills takes a lifetime to learn, hence the most healing an offensive pony would be able to learn would be healing minor scratches after battle (if that)

Last edited at Mon, Apr 20th, 2015 10:17

>> No. 39802127
File 142955116608.jpg - (79.72KB , 1280x720 , maxresdefault.jpg )
39802127
>>39801916
I liked playing as a healer. After I've set the best hotkey combo I was like:
1 2 3 tab 1 4 5 tab 1 2 3 tab 1 4 5 tab... and repeat while I was watching TV and getting free exp.

After everypony died either our mage resurrected himself and then everypony else, or my barrier held out and I brought back everypony to life.
>> No. 39802198
File 142955568948.jpg - (306.84KB , 1440x900 , screenshot_121125-22-19-17.jpg )
39802198
>>39801916
That's why you multiclass.

or play City of Heroes sob
>> No. 39802204
File 142955616758.png - (285.38KB , 1092x1092 , Medictaunt2[1].png )
39802204
tf2's medic is probably one of the best designed healer classes.

Healing is a major part of his character, but the real challenge comes from using ubercharges correctly.

It also helps that the healing mechanic is a lot more fun than MMO healing. At least it is if you're helping out the entire team and not just pocketing a heavy.
>> No. 39802222
File 142955756788.png - (22.93KB , 521x385 , 91882__safe_rule%252B63_sad_artist-colon-the%252Bweaver_snails_spice.png )
39802222
>>39802198

>mon visage quand no City of Heroes
>> No. 39802232
File 142955804412.png - (127.74KB , 408x310 , Twilight - But I don't wanna study!.png )
39802232
>>39802105

Except it's a video game and people are throwing magic at each other while fighting dragons and shit, so what's your point?
>> No. 39802239
File 142955864368.jpg - (31.80KB , 362x471 , tumblr_mcufbvsNyH1rcy28bo2_1280.jpg )
39802239
>>39802105

I don't think that's really accurate. It's not like basketball players can't play baseball, or an accountant can't learn how to cook, or a police officer doesn't understand cars.

In fact, I think it would be more realistic if MMO classes diversified a bit. Learning basic spells and healing would probably be an ordinary thing for most children. It probably wouldn't even seriously imbalance things to give DPS classes all the abilities they need to heal if the player puts in the time for it. They're still primarily limited by time, and if they want to maximize their damage then they can't stop to heal anyway. Similarly, healers are usually restricted by manager, so they can't spend it on damage, and in games where they could, they might also be strapped for time.
>> No. 39802242
File 142955928553.jpg - (621.60KB , 1280x1024 , screenshot_110104-03-44-16.jpg )
39802242
>>39802222
Quads for tragedy.


Delete post []
Password    
Report post
Reason